Verdant is looking for an individual who is passionate about the energy transition and looking for an opportunity to affect public policy with rigorous data-driven analysis. The analyst/senior analyst will contribute to unbiased data driven research using methodologies that include survey and market research, data verification and visualization, and statistical analysis. The position uses both quantitative and qualitative skills to analyze data to optimize its value. The analyst/senior analyst works with Verdant’s team of analysts, engineers, and management to provide our clients with the highest quality, unbiased research findings and recommendations.
• Work within a diverse project team to deliver research findings, data analysis, and program evaluations.
• Contribute to the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments.
• Assist with data collection, including programming survey instruments and administering in depth interviews with market actors and program administrators.
• Develop and maintain large-scale databases for research efforts.
• Analyze data that may include secondary and confidential data sources, survey data, energy usage data, utility billing information, energy production data, weather data, and technology specific information and apply data quality and cleaning techniques where needed.
• Develop data visualizations and graphics that contribute to analysis, presentations, and reporting.
• Contribute to the development of tools to analyze data and create data-driven solutions to our customers’ questions.
• Implement statistical approaches for data analysis for sample design, quantitative data analysis, and statistical modeling.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as engineering, mathematics, economics, computer science, environmental studies, or statistics.
• Experience with statistical analysis and interpretation of data findings.
• Experience with data visualization tools.
• Experience with statistical analysis tools (especially R or Python but also Visual Basic, SQL, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Comfortable communicating with others to implement in-depth interviews, communicate ideas and finding to clients, and work effectively with remote team members.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Xcel, and PPT.
• Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks with good time management and communication.
• Independent decision maker who can grasp concepts quickly and work collaboratively.
Due to Covid-19, Verdant employees are working remotely at their homes. Following the pandemic, offices will be in Portland, Berkeley, Davis, and San Diego. Employees will be expected to work in an office 3-5 days a week.
Salary and Benefits
• The job provides a competitive salary that is dependent on education and experience.
• Health insurance, a fully vested 401K with company matching, sick leave, and vacation benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org