Verdant Associates, LLC is a woman owned and operated California small business providing objective, data-driven analysis and advisory services to utilities, government agencies, and private businesses. Our areas of expertise include energy efficiency and distributed energy resource evaluation, cost-effectiveness analysis, market research, electrification, and decarbonization. Our mission is to facilitate the transition to a resilient and equitable low carbon future through robust, transparent, and actionable analysis.
Verdant is looking for an individual who is passionate about the energy transition and looking for an opportunity to affect public policy with rigorous data-driven analysis. The Consultant/Senior Consultant applies expertise in research and analysis to contribute to the development and implementation of unbiased data driven methodologies that include survey and market research, data verification and visualization, statistical analysis, and reporting. The position uses analytical tools including Python and/or R to implement quantitative and qualitative data analysis to provide our clients with independent and statistically sound findings and recommendations. Consultants/Senior Consultants participate in many phases of Verdant’s work including mentoring analysts, contributing to the development of methodological approaches, implementing analyses, and communicating with clients.
• Work within a diverse project team to deliver research findings, data analysis, and program evaluations.
• Develop and maintain large-scale databases for research efforts.
• Analyze data that may include secondary and confidential data sources, survey data, energy usage data, utility billing information, energy production data, weather data, and technology-specific information. Apply data quality control and cleaning techniques where needed.
• Contribute to the development of tools to analyze data and create data-driven solutions to solve challenging climate and energy problems.
• Design and implement statistical approaches for sample design, quantitative data analysis, and statistical modeling.
• Manage tasks with limited direction, provide project managers with updates on progress and resource needs, and contribute to the development of client facing products.
• Support and contribute to proposal development.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as computer science, data science, mathematics, economics, environmental studies, or statistics. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of two+ years of experience with statistical analysis and interpretation of data findings. Substitution between education and years of experience is flexible.
• Extensive experience with analysis tools (preferably Python and/or R, additional analysis tools used at Verdant include Visual Basic, PostgreSQL, etc.). Within Python, experience using Pandas, scikit-learn, statsmodels, and matplotlib is preferred.
• Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI) is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Comfortable communicating ideas and findings to clients and working effectively with remote team members.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
• Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks with good time management and communication.
• Experience developing research plans and methodological and/or statistical approaches and the ability to execute on plans and approaches.
• Independent decision maker who can grasp concepts quickly and work collaboratively.
Due to Covid-19, Verdant employees are currently working remotely at their homes.
Salary and Benefits
• The job provides a competitive salary that is dependent on education and experience.
• Health, dental, and vision insurance, a fully vested 401K with company matching, sick leave, and vacation benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org